May 26, 2015

1974 Vintage Seiko Bell-Matic 4006-6011 "Eye"


Introducing
Seiko Bell-Matic 4006-6011 "Eye"
Circa 1974

That's a funny name to give a watch.

When I name my watches, I usually write down the first thing that come to mind when I come into contact with it. For this guy, it's how much it resembles an eyeball looking right at you. 


See?

And that is one good looking eye. Cased in a domed acrylic crystal, the textured blue dial contrasts nicely against the white chapter ring, The rest of the dial is alike the other 4006s I've seen - a clean look with straight hour batons all around, the day and date in a windowed frame.


The silver white and blue combination almost made me call this one Knight, but I've reserved that name for another Bell-Matic that's coming your way.

For being clean and crisp, I thought Eye would stick pretty well with this one. One thing you'd also like to note about this Bell-Matic is its unusually long second hand. Something for the collectors I guess.




1974 Vintage Seiko Bell-Matic 4006-6011 "Eye"
Hour, minute, seconds hands with day/date display
Textured blue dial
35mm stainless steel case
40mm lug-to-lug
19mm lug width
4006 automatic alarm movement @ 19,800vph
Acrylic crystal
Aftermarket stainless steel bracelet

S$340

Email
for orders or enquiry



###